A Travellerspoint blog

Slight Hint Of De-Ja-Vu


sunny 30 °C
View North America Road Trip on Nibsy_86's travel map.


So I arrive in Montréal late as per usual with the likes of long distance trains here in Canada, but atleast I got here and to be honest I wasn't really that worried as I had been here before.

So I was sat on the sofa in the lounge when two guys came into the room and started to chat to me. We had Luke from Australia (Not the Luke from Toronto) and Taylor (A former US Marine sniper from Atlanta). An interesting combination for sure but about an hour later we headed out to Mont Royal and spent about 30 minutes up at the top and watched a storm above the eastern part of the city, which was quite interesting to see as we were above the storm on the hill and in the blistering heat. So after the sightseeing was done from Mont Royal, we did what any group of three guys wanted to do in the heat...grab a drink at the bar!

So after one/two....maybe I can't remember how many we had we got back to the hostel with a few drinks from the store and then was pre-drinking until we headed out at around 10pm to downtown Montréal for more drinking. Luke suggested we try this bar called Mado and much to our surprise it was a drag bar. Must admit it was cheap drinks and well interesting entertainment. Later we hit a karaoke bar just down the road where we met three girls from Ontario and were so glad to hear we 1) spoke english and 2) were not from Canada, meaning 3) we had an "accent". So again after a few drinks and some karaoke fun it was time to head back to the hostel at 4am and then stayed up for sometime before actually hitting the sack.

Next day was more of a chill at the hostel and work on my assignment for uni back home before heading out again downtown but into the Old Montréal area for drinks and paid the most ever for a pint. We were charged $8 for a pint and $6.25 for a half pint so although the choice was good the price didnt quite match the excitement of good beer for once.

So again back at around 1am we again chilled in the lounge when to make it more interesting thre Geordie lads came in to chill and all 6 of us headed out to the store down the road for more beer. It was quite funny that night as the Geordies tried to keep up with Taylor and ended up passing out on the sofas before heading to bed.

So this pretty much wraps it up for Montréal as Luke and I left the next day to head to Toronto. Luke went by bus though as I went on the train but must admit I had a great time in Montréal and the is the end of David in Québec for the time anyways.


Posted by Nibsy_86 09:31 Archived in Canada

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint